1. Primacy of ALL SO SWEET Mission/ Unity of Purpose
This is an agreement between ALL SO SWEET, LLC, the national organization and each of its Local Chapters. ALL SO SWEET stated mission is to educate, train and develop new and emerging entrepreneurs. The Local Chapter agrees that ALL SO SWEET’s stated mission is paramount ad shall always remain so. To that end, the Local Chapter agrees to adopt ALL SO SWEET’s mission as its own, applying it to bring women together who are geographically proximate to one another in order to form dynamic networks of go-to resources. The Local Chapter agrees that it will not adopt any other mission which detracts from or conflicts with ALL SO SWEET’s mission and that should it do so, in ALL SO SWEET’s sole discretion, ALL SO SWEET may revoke all rights and licenses granted in this Agreement, terminate the Local Chapter and/or replace the Chapter President.
2. Commitment to Non-Discrimination
ALL SO SWEET is committed to diversity and holds as one of its core, corporate values a commitment to non-discriminatory practices and policies. The Local Chapter expressly agrees that it will adhere to these values and will not engage in discriminatory practices with respect to any formal Local Chapter activity including, but not limited to, the inclusion of members; election of local officers and/or undertaking of local activities and events. The Local Chapter further understands and agrees that the local membership is open without reservation to all ALL SO SWEET members within the local’s area.
3. Local Name
The Local Chapter understands and agrees that maintaining a uniformity high-quality image and presentation are critical to supporting ALL SO SWEET’s mission. As such, the Local Chapter agrees that it will maintain name uniformity following a convention which applies to all Local Chapters nationwide. In this convention, the official local name will simply be ALL SO SWEET (locality) Chapter. For example, the Local Chapter in Newark, New Jersey will be named ALL SO SWEET Essex Chapter. The local chapter agrees to follow this convention and maintain uniformity when publicly presenting information about the Local Chapter.
4. No Local Fees
The Local Chapter understands and agrees that it is totally forbidden from charging ALL SO SWEET members a fee to participate in the Local Chapter or become a Local Chapter member. As discussed below, the Local Chapter may allocate expenses among members when reserving restaurants, etc…. for local events, but the Local Chapter may not charge a membership fee of any type. ALL members must be registered with the national chapter.
5. Intellectual Property
The Local Chapter understands and agrees that all the information created by or on behalf of ALL SO SWEET is the intellectual property of ALL SO SWEET, and that the establishment of a Local Chapter does not extend to the Local Chapter any ownership rights in ALL SO SWEET’s intellectual property. Examples of intellectual property include all materials written by ALL SO SWEET, in which ALL SO SWEET owns a copyright; ALL SO SWEET website at www.allsosweet.com and all associated services as set forth in the ALL SO SWEET Terms & Conditions, and ALL SO SWEET’s membership list or any portion thereof. The Local Chapter agrees that none of the Local Chapters, its President or its members in any way owns an interest in or may otherwise alter, remove, transfer, sell or diminish the value of ALL SO SWEET’s intellectual property. The Local Chapter further agrees that it has the same responsibilities as third-parties with respects to ALL SO SWEET’s intellectual property, as set forth in ALL SO SWEET’s Terms and Conditions, and that the Local Chapter and its members are bound by those provisions of the Terms and Conditions.
6. No Franchise Rights
The Local Chapter understands and agrees that ALL SO SWEET is a limited liability corporation governed by a national president who has the total control over decision-making on behalf of ALL SO SWEET. The Local Chapter agrees that neither it nor any of its members may represent to the public that it has any decision-making authority on behalf of ALL SO SWEET.
7. Insurance and Liability
ALL SO SWEET disclaims any liability arising out of Local Chapter events, including, without limitation, liability for personal injury to third-parties during the course of, travel to, or preparation for any local event. ALL SO SWET expressly states that it does not provide insurance coverage nor does it assume any liability, for the conduct of Local Chapter events.
The Local Chapter understands and agrees that the organization of a Local Chapter is purely voluntary, as is local membership and attendance at Local Chapter events, all of which are designed for members at the local level to meet and build relationships in real-time. As such, the Local Chapter agrees that ALL SO SWEET bears no liability for the conduct of local events, and further aggress that the selection of sites for hosting Local Chapter events are purely a local decision. In accordance with the law of the locality where such events may be held, all liability rests with the facility were the Local Chapter event is held. Both ALL SO SWEET and the Local Chapter understand and agree that all members freely and voluntarily assume all risks associated with real-time participation in local functions.
Further, the Local Chapter understands and agrees that neither its Chapter President nor any of its members are in any way “employees” of ALL SO SWEET. As such, ALL SO SWEET expressly disclaims any worker’s compensation liability arising out of any local activity.
8. Chapter President
Each Local Chapter shall have a Chapter President. This is a purely voluntary position, and carries with it no decision-making authority within ALL SO SWEET other than purely local affairs as set forth herein. Keeping with the primacy of ALL SO SWEET’s mission and this Agreement, the Chapter President agrees to the following rights and responsibilities, acknowledgement of which is given with the Chapter President’s signature to this Agreement:
- To represent ALL SO SWEET with the utmost professionalism. The goal of Local Chapter meetings is to facilitate personal networking and help enrich the professional and personal lives of ALL SO SWEET members. The structure of your chapter meetings is completely up to you and your local members.
- As President, you will have access to manage a dedicated Local Chapter page on AllSoSweet.com. Presidents will have a login for their specific page. Access to this page will allow you the ability to post details of upcoming meetings and to upload photos.
- It is the responsibility of the chapter Presidents to inform chapter members of upcoming meeting details, and not the responsibility of ALL SO SWEET. You will post information on the chapter page, such as time and date of meetings, cancellations, or a change of venue or time. Direct members to view the page for updates and changes.
- The local chapter page will be accessible to you and only you with your login. You can upload photos from your meetings. You may only upload up to 20 photos; the file should be no more than 1MB. Photos must be in jpeg format. Up to 20 photos will remain on the page at a time and will be refreshed with new photos as they are added. Make sure, at each meeting, at least one photo is taken in front of the provided ALL SO SWEET banner.
- Local Chapter meetings are not for profit. ALL SO SWEET will not permit a fee being charged to members for attending a meeting. It is the responsibility of each member to pay for expenses, such as food at a restaurant or elsewhere. If chapters decided to include entertainment, or a paid for guest speaker, all such costs are paid for by the chapter members and are the responsibility of the Chapter President to manage.
- As Local Chapter President, we ask you to provided ALL SO SWEET with the names of all active ALL SO SWEET members who have joined your chapter so we can send a gift. We will also send you one banner to hang at each chapter meeting.
- Non-ALL SO SWEET members may attend chapter meetings if you feel it is a benefit to have them attend. Please provide an approximate number of the non-ALL SO SWEET members who attend so we can send non-member brochures to inform them of the benefits of ALL SO SWEET.
- As Local Chapter President it is your responsibility to send ALL SO SWEET your meeting minutes in the form of a press release. We recommend appointing one chapter member responsible for taking notes and developing the press releases. The purpose is for ALL SO SWEET to help members gain exposure via press. The press releases should include: members’ names (if they want to be included), topics discussed, and any news or announcements. Press releases should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 business days after each meeting.
- As President you understand that any other member contact information and email addresses are strictly for your use as President and not to solicit any other business information.
ALL SO SWEET recognizes that the Chapter President, while a voluntary role, involves an investment of personal time, and that operation of the Local may entail certain recurring expense. As such, ALL SO SWEET agrees to reimburse the Local and its’ Chapter President, as follows:
- The Chapter President shall be entitled to complimentary renewal of her ALL SO SWEET membership fee following her first year as an ALL SO SWEET member. The value of this complimentary renewal shall not exceed $239.
- The Local Chapter shall be entitled to reimbursement for expenses, not to exceed $100 per month. Reimbursement shall be through the submission of an expense report to ALL SO SWEET Accounting. This program will be overseen by Vashonna Hassett, ALL SO SWEET Chapter Director and all questions may be directed to Vashonna at: email@example.com
10. Local Organization and Governance
Each Local Chapter shall have a Chapter President, whose rights and responsibilities are set in Section 8, above.
ALL SO SWEET recognizes that a rigid organizational or governance scheme may not be in its best interests or that of the Local Chapters, as local and regional preferences and customs dictate some degree of flexibility in Local Chapter operation. As such, ALL SO SWEET does not require a specific organizational structure beyond having a Chapter President, as described, and complying with the meeting minutes/reporting obligations as set forth in Section 8.
Should a Local Chapter choose to implement a formalized organizational structure, it must provide ALL SO SWEET with a written description of its structure and identification of its officers, etc.
The Local Chapter, its Chapter President and its members all agree to function in conjunction with the rights, responsibilities and dedication to ALL SO SWEET’s Mission set forth in this Agreement. Thus, the Local Chapter agrees that it will not misrepresent or overstate its affiliation with ALL SO SWEET, or its lack of decision-making authority within ALL SO SWEET.
Furthermore, due to the risk of unintended consequences and the possibility of unlawful entanglement, tax consequences, etc., the Local Chapter understands and agrees that it is forbidden from operating in any for-profit capacity. This includes the prohibition on collecting membership fees, described above, as well as a prohibition on opening bank accounts, lines of credit or any other financial instrument or device using the name ALL SO SWEET or in any way by associating ALL SO SWEET. Should a Local Chapter do so unlawfully and in violation of this Agreement, ALL SO SWEET expressly disavows any connection with or liability for the Local Chapter’s conduct.
11. Right of Approval
The Local Chapter understands and agrees that ALL SO SWEET at all times maintains a full right of approval over any proposed Local Chapter publication, press release or other communication. To the extent a Local Chapter seeks to make any public statement or communication, it must first submit its proposed communication for review to Vashonna Hassett, ALL SO SWEET Chapter Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Incorporation of Corporate Documents
Vashonna Hassett is ALL SO SWEET’s Chapter Director. Vashonna is the liaison for the Local Chapters and the Chapter Presidents and should be consulted with questions or to fulfill reporting, review obligations under this Agreement. Vashonna may be contacted by email at: email@example.com or by telephone at: (609) 269-4636.
The signature below constitutes binding acknowledgments to this Agreement:
Vashonna Hassett (Name)
ALL SO SWEET Chapter Director (Local) Chapter President